19. Basic Academic Adjectives
- Created: Wednesday, 04 April 2018 15:23
- Hits: 745
1. Scientists are only beginning to recognize the potential benefits of using ocean tides as a source of clean energy.
2. We need to make up an itemized list of everything which we need before beginning work on building the playground.
3. Homoeopathy, acupuncture and many forms of alternative medicine have become so popular in recent years.
4. Canada's small population is quite disproportionate to its great land mass.
5. A car travelling at a constant speed of 100 km per hour would take more than 48 million years to reach the nearest star.
6. All technical questions should be directed to the staff at the computer help desk.
7. Poland was the dominant political power in eastern Europe from the fourteenth to the seventeenth century.
a. ________ (adj): counted, enumerated, detailed /
b. ________ (adj): out of balance, inordinate /
c. ________ (adj): concerning mechanics, details /
d. ________ (adj): superior, controlling
e. ________ (adj): consistent, fixed
f. ________ (adj): promising, possible, hidden
g. ________(adj): other, alternate, different
Click here to Show / Hide Answers.
Choose the right adjective.
1. I can't stand this constant/potential rain. We've got to go somewhere sunny for our holidays.
2. Whenever you read a scientific or technical/constant text in English, you will probably encounter many words you do not know.