8. Basic Academic Adjectives
- Category: Basic Academic Adjectives
- Published: Thursday, 04 January 2018 12:10
- Hits: 276
1- Due to the insufficient transport infrastructure* and a rapid increase in motor vehicle ownership, İstanbul is now facing a serious urban transport crisis.(*altyapı)
2- Smoking can be destructive to health.
3- The recent slowdown in the global economy is likely to have considerable consequences.
4- The most important role of our education system is to be appropriate to the needs of the students, so it can build a brighter future for our nation's students as professionals and as citizens.
5- The government is not enthusiastic about rising the education funds and increasing the number of schools.
6- The experience which students can gain through an internship would be very valuable for their future career.
7- Recent research indicates that pre-school children are capable of thinking in abstract terms.
a. ___________ (adj): interested, eager / coşkulu, hevesli
b. ___________ (adj): harmful, detrimental / Yıkıcı, tahrip edici
c. ___________ (adj): not enough, inadequate / yetersiz
d. ___________ (adj): suitable / uygun
e. ___________ (adj): seious / ciddi
f. ____________ (adj): able, competent / bir şeyi yapmaya muktedir
g. ___________ (adj): important, priceless, beneficial / değerli, kıymetli, faydalı,
Choose the right adjective.
1. Some of the vocabularies which we are studying are slang and is inappropriate/appropriate in certain situations.
2. A proper and good essay supports its thesis using inappropriate/appropriate details.
3. International oil and cocoa prices have a considerable/appropriate impact on the economy of Cameroon.
4. I don't really think that it is considerable/appropriate to wear jeans to the office.
5. Women walking alone late at night in large cities are at considerable/appropriate risk in this country.