9. Basic Academic Nouns
- Category: Basic Academic Nouns
- Published: Tuesday, 17 April 2018 11:58
- Hits: 90
1. Journalism is the act of gathering, assessing and presenting news and information. It should be perceived something indispensable to democratic societies. History reveals that the more democratic a society, the more news and information it tends to have.
2. In some regions of Canada, winter lasts more than half the year.
3. Changes in the American economy generally have a serious impact on our economy here in Canada.
4. People in this Community want to keep the area safe for children to play in.
5. Enthusiasm is a key element of success.
6. From all levels of government, Americans get 175,000 new laws, and two million new regulations every year.
7. The government will soon begin constructions on a new stadium for the Olympic Games.
a. _________ (n): society, area of people
b. _________ (n): effect, influence
c. _________ (n): the job of writing news reports
d. _________ (n): area, district
e. _________ (n): building
f. _________ (n): rule, law
g. _________ (n): aspect, feature, characteristics
1- The Black region/community is protesting the treatment of black youths arrested by police in recent months.
2- The regulation/impact of violent video games on children is an issue of concern to many parents.
3- The people of Sri Lanka have absorbed cultural elements/community from the Arabs, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch and British who have come to the island.