3. Basic Academic Verbs
- Created: Thursday, 04 January 2018 11:30
- Hits: 860
Match the words in bold with their synonyms:
1. Governments always respond to inflation by reducing the interest rates*. (* faiz oranları)
2. Playing a board game can be a good way for a family to interact.
3. The research that the university conduct will focus on students' campus life.
4. The growth of e-commerce is likely to impact the retail sector positively.
5. Further information can be easily obtained from the internet.
6. The system enables the owners to exploit the workers.
7. Advertising and marketing agencies use different approaches to persuade and manipulate customers to buy more products.
a. ____________ (v): to control / yönlendirmek
b. ____________ (v): to use something for your advantage / sömürmek, yararlanmak
c. _____________ (v): to react, to answer / tepki vermek, cevap vermek
d. _____________ (v): to acquire, to get / elde etmek
e. _____________ (v): to communicate / iletişim kurmak
f. ______________ (v): to concentrate / yoğunlaşmak, konsantre olmak
g. ______________ (v): to affect / etkilemek
Choose the right verb.
1. You are trying to do too many things at once. It would be better to just focus/manipulate on one thing in order to do it properly.
2. Songs and storybooks are a wonderful way for parents to interact/focus with their children.
3. In the combustion process, air, fuel, and heat interact/affect to cause burning.