7. Basic Academic Verbs
- Created: Thursday, 15 February 2018 10:57
- Hits: 708
1. Every teacher's work performance is evaluated on a yearly basis.
2. If you want to achieve real progress in your speaking skills, you need to speak English as often as possible while you are here.
3. The government has instituted a couple of changes to the driver's licensing procedure in an attempt to reduce the number of accidents involving new drivers.
4. The results of the poll have now been computed and will be distributed to the news media this afternoon.
5. It could take weeks to analyze all the data, but when we do, the results will be very helpful to our project.
6. Students should be able to approach teachers for advice and help.
7. The government has announced a special program to finance new small businesses.
a. _________ (v): move toward
b. _________ (v): calculate, estimate, figure out
c. _________ (v): accomplish, manage, reach a goal
d. _________ (v): put into operation, enact
e. _________ (v): assess
f. _________ (v): sponsor, fund, support
g. ________ (v): interpret, evaluate, examine