essay Writing Sample 17 - Every year several languages die out.
- Created: Thursday, 14 December 2017 17:15
- Hits: 1698
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
- Single language
- easily understand each other
- removes communication barriers- No problem in communication
- business interaction
- diplomatic negotiation
- To unite a majority of people
- Influence of Inernational languages
- minority languages extinct
- Disappear due to the globalisation & the westernisation
- serious threat
- the uniqueness of the world cultures
- to maintain the diversity of the world languages
- represent the identity of a community
- important function: its historical significance - traditional myths / the loss of culture