AFFECT / EFFECT
- Category: Common Mistakes
- Published: Wednesday, 28 February 2018 12:17
- Hits: 180
What is the difference between affect and effect?
Affect (etkilemek) is a verb.
Smoking affects your health.
Children are greatly affected by the divorce of their parents.
The economy of Turkey has been affected a great deal by the Syrian war.
Effect (etki) is a noun.
Parents divorce has a big effect on children.
Small companies are the ones that will feel the effect of the economic recession first.
- have an effect on something/somebody
- have the effect of doing something
- produce an effect
- feel an effect
- lessen/ reduce an effect
- an effect lasts (continues)
- big/ significant / substantial effect (quite big)
- profound/ powerful effect
- immediate effect
- positive/ beneficial effect
- harmful/ damaging effect
- the adverse effects (the bad effects)
- the long-term/short-term effect
- the desired effect